We Promote & Encourage Character
We work closely with organizations, businesses, schools, and individuals to introduce good character qualities into daily life. Through a systemic focus, we learn about and grow one character trait each month which can be found in the coalition's free email bulletin. This publication also contains inspiring stories, quotes, and updates from the coalition about character in our community. With encouragement and positive reinforcement, the 49 character traits help to strengthen and grow the fabric of each of us, our families, and our communities. We follow the international calendar of character qualities as established by Character First.
- Our community is only 1 of 3 "Communities of Character" in our state
- Estimated number of people touched by Character Coalition messages = more than 125,000
- We continue to partner with 15 local schools, more than 17,500 students have been reached through our work with their schools and educators
- More than 800 local organizations, businesses and individuals subscribe to our character of the month emails
- Prattville Intermediate School's Cougar Character Club sponsor Sheridan Cahoon reports students are developing good character by learning the difference between right and wrong - Her students understand the importance of choosing right when wrong might have been easier at the moment
- More than 40 organizations, companies, individuals and families have been recognized and honored for good character in our community